** SIGNAL ** The DB1-128 is a general purpose module designed to work with most standard automotive or diesel speedo’s and tachometers as used in marine, automotive, and commercial vehicles, tractors, generator sets, etc. These are usually driven by a magnetic pickup, alternator AC connection or electronic ignition auxiliary signal. This unit will take the weaker signals often received from these systems and boost them to a 12v p-p square wave suitable for most inputs. The signal may also be reduced in frequency by a factor of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 or 128 so as to allow easier adjustment of the driven instrument.
- Mount the DB1-128 control module in a suitable location on the instrument panel using double-sided tape or a neutral cure silicone sealant.
- Connect “IGN+” to a switched ignition supply line, preferably through a 2 Amp fuse.
- Connect “GND” to a good ground or earth connection.
- Connect “INPUT” to the signal source, typically the active wire of the magnetic pickup or signal source.
- Connect “OUTPUT” from the DB1-128 to the signal terminal or input on your instrument.
Ratio Switch Settings
The document also includes a wiring diagram and a caution to avoid having more than one switch set on at a time when using the DB1-128. Proper installation and wiring are crucial to ensure its correct functioning with your instrument.
For further details, please contact us – email@example.com